Micro Blogger Tumblr
Social media in term with sharing thoughts can provide help and very reason to exist between continues social interaction and activities. There are several popular website available at stake, mobile apps with social interaction are also heavily came at stored with varieties of options and facilities, and their follower interaction with each other, user and persons provide them networking activity which after came up with results social media origin. Business network or social business networked is allowed the business person to build new business relationships and generate personal activities and awareness at the same time. Precisely if we say that then a social media services could served for better business planning and its implementation with information technology in support of personal social exposure .
Tumblr is social forums headquarters is in New York City of with its unique feature of doing micro blogging. It’s a platform for blogging and also utilized for social networking. Tumlr is founded by David Karp, in recently in 2003 Yahoo Inc. was announced its intention to acquire Tumblr deal was closed now yahoo is the company who owns Tumlr . Yahoo was bought tumlr approximately with 1.1 billion US dollar. Tumblr service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users’ blogs, as well as make their blogs private. Much of the website’s features are accessed from the “dashboard” interface, where the option to post content and posts of followed blogs appear.
• Dashboard : The dashboard is the primary tool for the typical Tumblr user. It is a live feed of recent posts from blogs that they follow. Through the dashboard, users are able to comment, reblog, and like posts from other blogs that appear on their dashboard. The dashboard allows the user to upload text posts, images, video, quotes, or links to their blog with a click of a button displayed at the top of the dashboard. Users are also able to connect their blogs to their Twitter and Facebook accounts, so whenever they make a post, it will also be sent as a tweet and a status update.
• Queue : Users are able to set up a schedule to delay posts that they make. They can spread their posts over several hours or even days.
• Tags : For each post a user creates, they are able to help their audience find posts about certain topics by adding tags. If someone were to upload a picture to their blog and wanted their viewers to find pictures, they would add the tag #picture, and their viewers could use that word to search up posts with the tag #picture.
• HTML editing : Tumblr allows users to edit their blog’s theme HTML coding to control the appearance of their blog. Users are also able to use a custom domain name for their blog.
• In August 2010 Tumblr was named as a finalist in Lead411’s New York City Hot 125.
• Celebrities who use Tumblr include Lady Gaga Zooey Deschanel and John Mayer.
• In 2011, 99% Tumblr went viral and became the unifying slogan for the Occupy Wall Street movement
• On October 21, 2011, Tumblr became the first blogging platform to host President Obama’s blog