Autodesk Maya is 3D computer graphics software which is widely used to create interactive 3D applications, including video games, animated film, TV series, or visual effects. It is available to runs at Windows operating system, OS X and Linux. original invention and development of this 3D software is belong to Alias Systems Corporation who has former fame as Alias Wavefront but later it was owned by Autodesk, Inc, now it current development and current ownership is belong to Autodesk.
By coming under roof of Autodesk , Maya is becoming more and more vigilant 3D animator and a software with extensive of heavy details and options, consolidation from two distinct packages, Maya and later contain all the features of the now defunct Unlimited suites. Development in Maya has been takes placed though out the times but some major up-gradation comes in 2012, after introduction of the high-performance Viewport 2.0, which improved real-time display of large datasets and support for advanced Maya render nodes like PTex and CGFX. In Maya 2014 Viewport 2.0 debuts support for even more Maya render nodes, which is used for ultimately to improve texture filtering and provide the facility even faster and higher-quality texture display, like the 2D texture nodes Bulge, Cloth and Noise, more 3D texture nodes, and a myriad of utility nodes.
• Fluid Effects: effective for smoke, fire, clouds and explosions, as well as many thick fluid effects
• Classic Cloth: simulation tool set utilizing a planar pattern based workflow
• Maya Live: set of motion tracking tools for CG matching
• MatchMover: it provides compositing of CGI elements with motion data from video and film sequences
• Composite: earlier sold external program as Autodesk Toxik but is shipped with Maya.
• Camera Sequencer: used to layout multiple camera shots and manage them in one animation sequence
• nParticle: used to simulates a wide range of complex 3D effects, including liquids, clouds, smoke, spray and dust
• nCloth: simulation framework to provides artist with detailed control of cloth and material simulations
64-bit System Requirements
• Windows7 or Windows8, Apple MacOS X 10.7.x or 10.8.x, or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 WS operating system
• Three-button mouse
• Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor
• 4 GB of RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
• 2 GB of free disk space for installation
• Microsoft® Internet Explorer®, Apple® Safari®, or Mozilla® Firefox® web browser